The République de Neuchâtel (swiss canton) invited the governments of countries around the world to send a representative to the conference or to send a report.
The conference is organized by ILEI, Internacia Ligo de Esperantistaj Instruistoj (the International League of Esperanto Instructors).
Participants from abroad can pay their conference fee in Neuchâtel.
This conference inherits from similar conferences held in Geneva in 1922 and Prague in 1927.
This one in 2015 is therefore the third one.
Goals of this Conference
- To gather information about current methods used for learning Esperanto.
- To gather information about current methods used for teaching Esperanto.
- Recognition of Esperanto in various teaching systems, certification concerning Esperanto, and future steps toward developing and assuring that aspect of language instruction.
- Teacher training: how to improve it and certify new instructors.
- To gather results and observations about consequences of learning Esperanto (its propedeutic effect), its assistance in introducing foreign language instruction.
- To gather results and observations about the consequences of learning Esperanto as an element in the policy of multlingvism. To develop strategies in relation to that.
- To gather results and observations about the consequences of learning Esperanto in the area of psychology: the acquisition of intercultural capabililites, of feelings of solidarity, and of tolerance; and in the opening of the world to children.
- How and how much Esperanto can contribute to the millenial goals of UNESCO and the UN in the fields of literacy and sustainable development.
- Various pedagogical movements (Freinet and others) in relation to Esperanto.
- Exchange of experiences.
- Encounters with local experts.
Simultaneous translation French <-> Esperanto in both directions, made by professionnal interpreters. However, we accept contributions in any other language, the speaker having to provide for the translation to either one of the two languages already mentioned.